Saturday, June 6, 2009

R.I.P. Ryan Crowder

On Thursday June 4th my cousin Ryan passed away from natural causes.

This man was more than just my cousin, because I lived with him for 10 years of my life. He was and always will be more like a brother to me. Growing up I always looked up to him. I have numerous "books" and drawings that I made when I was a kid. They all depict Ryan as my hero. Everything I did as a kid I did because he was doing it and I thought that would make me as cool as him. Even with the 8 year age gap in between us he always managed to show his love to me and not do the typical annoying little cousin act when I would want to hang out with him and his high school friends even though I was just in like 3rd grade. He always went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of growing up. Whether it was standing up for me when I was getting picked on or bringing the stars of the High school basketball team to my 13th birthday party to play basketball with me and my friends. We are still waiting to find out what exactly happened from the autopsy but it is believed to be natural causes. These next few days will be very hard on my family and I. Please lift us up in your prayers.

No comments: